How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

HiMy name is ***** ***** I requested ill health

This answer was rated:

Hi My name is ***** ***** I requested ill health retirement but also have a Gravieace case With my employer . Can they cancel my request because I am also seeking compensation from my company for Vitismisation and un fear treatment. The has not completed yet but They have ask me what I would like as an outcome. Please can you advise me Thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If you meet the criteria for ill health retirement you should not be rejected on the grounds that you have raised a grievance with the employer.
It is sensible that you have asked for retirement to be the outcome you would prefer, you can tell them that you would be prepared to accept a Settlement Agreement if they are prepared to offer you retirement, this would mean you cannot then go on to bring a claim against the employer. If you do this they may well agree to it.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am very satisfy with the respond I received
Thank you