How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I employed a part time driver .i have been insured with this

Customer Question

i employed a part time driver .i have been insured with this company for many years on the firs day he had an accident , for many years i had any driver employed by me . but for some unknown reason from one time the insurance company on renewal took it apon themselves to omit any employed driver i take full responsibility for not checking the docs but it was a standing renewal now they want £27,000 pounds pay back can i do anything
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello are you saying you had an accident in a company vehicle and at the time you were not insured?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the vehicle was insured they say but the driver was not because he was not on list of drivers its been going on since 2010 the cover i have always had with them was any employee

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
If they failed to inform you of the change in policy you can argue that it is unreasonable that your employees were excluded.
I would suggest you ask for their written complaints procedure and lodge a complaint stating that if you do not receive a satisfactory outcome you will raise the issue with the Financal Ombudsman (who also deals with insurance complaints).
You should include as much detail as possible including the old policies which contained the cover and state that you had sought a renewal so you should be covered for all aspects of the original policy.
Hopefully this complaint will yield a successful result but if it does not you will find details of the Ombudsman service here -
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.