How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I need to find out what date I was discharged from bankrup

This answer was rated:

I need to find out what date I was discharged from bankruptcy
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you search the personal insolvency register here, it will tell you the date of automatic discharge.
The search is easier if you know the court within which the order was made.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name isn't on the list of any of the courts in England or Wales?
Hi, Thank you. Did you have a trustee in bankruptcy or did they appoint the official receiver to administer your estate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it was the official receiver? I was declared bankrupt in 2007 so it was a long time ago. I think it was dealt with in the Newport court in South Wales? - The Official Receiver/Insolvency Service has an office for South Wales. The only other way to find out is contact the Insolvency Service and ask them to confirm the exact date.Do you have a copy of the Bankruptcy Order?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I had 1 copy of it but a credit card company kept calling me up demanding payment and wouldn't believe I had been declared bankrupt, so I sent them the copy off and told them it had to be returned to me but they never did!
I'll try and get in touch with the insolvency service.
Hi, Thank you. Tell the credit card company that they need to contact the Official Receiver as the debt relates to your previous estate in bankruptcy. Say that it is a criminal offence to harass someone for money they do not owe under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 and you hope they will now immediately stop harassing you.Kind regardsAJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was back in 2007, after I sent the bankruptcy order off they stopped harassing me.
I've emailed the insolvency service now, so hopefully they can help. It's just strange how there's no record of it!
Hi, Thank you. It has been more than 6 years, so really it should not have any further impact on your credit status.
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you