How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I agreed to rent a public house from a private owner however

This answer was rated:

I agreed to rent a public house from a private owner however it had no premises licence it has no gas safety check and it is producing high levels of carbon monoxide no electricity check and we are having a lot of problems no fire assessment or checks asbestos removed no certificate. Roof ready to collapse. All if this was brought up at 3 different meetings with promises that it will be done nothing were do I stand.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want the work done so I can move forward with the business. I have invested 8.000 so far.

Was it agreed they would do the work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they said from the start they would do it.

You need to write and set out your losses and request they do the work or pay for the cost within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you