How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had a small nursery which I having being struggling to keep

Customer Question

I had a small nursery which I having being struggling to keep going fir the last 18 months I have tried to pay everything wages rent etc. the rent feel behind in January and the landlord decided that if I could not pay the outstanding amount of 13500 he would take back the business by a deadline of 31/7/2015. The rent is far higher than any other in the area. I bought the nursery from home five years ago and he has had rent from me each of 42000 a year. As I could not raise the amount he did take the nursery. But as he had not arranged with of stead to have the registration transferred into his name and thus he did not think I would cancel my own registration which I did on Friday. He had already agreed with another local nursery in the area to take the lease and pay myself rent.
In addition the business rates which I had paid till July now has an enforcement against me to pay the full year and than they will refund thus back to me. I have over paid the business rates but the local authority are still wanting me to pay the outstanding amount fir the full year whilst I do not owe the nursery any longer. The local authority have issued an enforcement notice against me and wants me to pay the full amount now and they will than fecund this to me when I have paid.
I am in tears can not understand why I should pay the full year as I have over paid till July. The local authority have called me all sorts of things that I sm a threat to them they have called me all sorts of names and insulted the way I do my business.
Please advise what to do. I have no funds to pay the local authority and than they refund this to me. I have no funds to pay until end August.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Has the rates issue been to court yet?