How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Recent got married , wedding ceremony i and my Mrs

This answer was rated:

recent got married , for the wedding ceremony i and my Mrs hired a hall for the occasion.
the hall cost £3000 plus £1000 deposit which is to be refunded days after the wedding .
on the contract it stated expected guested 300 which that was the number of people invited, on the day of the which was 1st of august 2015 more people might have turned up than expected but the occasion was fantastic and everything went smoothly.
there was a manager on site over-seeing the hall on the day the clock out time was 1am and we did make sure all our guest was out by 1am. i walked the supervisor around the place and he was happy with the the condition/state we are handling the hall back to him.
the following day i called the hall to arrange how my £1000 deposit will be refunded to me, the gentlemen i spoke to said my money wont be refunded base on this reason " my guest was more than 300"
i will like to know the necessary steps on how to go about collecting back my deposit.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you