How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I had a property, which was tenanted, I sold the property to

Customer Question

I had a property, which was tenanted, I sold the property to my daughter in December 2014 with the tenant in the property, the tenant was on an assured Shorthold tenancy dated 12.10.11, my daughter wants to serve him notice now, but has no current tenancy stating her name as landlord. What process would she have to take ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
She can just give him 2 months notice which takes effect from next billing period. So she must give 2 months notice. If the tenant does not leave then she can take steps for possession.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So can she serve him notice even though the only tenancy agreement she has is the one done by myself and the tenant back in 2011
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.