How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3844
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

What are the law governing mergers and acquisition in the

This answer was rated:

what are the law governing mergers and acquisition in the UK?
Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. For listed companies there is Panel of Takeovers and Mergers and the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers. Essentially though mergers and acquisitions of companies (listed or others) derives its base principles from the Companies Act 2006.What type of company are you concerned with? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Corporation social responsibility
Hi, Thank you. Is this a listed company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Shell plc
Hi,Thank you. Directors of a company have a corporate social responsibility deriving from S.172 of the Companies Act 2006.
Do you have any further information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the first answer can you plz give more details about.cos I did not understand very clearly
Hi, Thank you. There is a general obligation on company directors under the Companies Act 2006 to ensure that when making decisions that affect the company they consider a variety of wider social issues - these are listed under the S.172 of the Companies Act 2006 and include a regard for the environment and community as a whole. Whether a company is lawfully allowed to merger with another company is governed by the provisions of the Companies Act 2006 (which is over 1000 pages) and and the City Code of Takeovers and Mergers - the organistaion responsible for enforcing this is called the Panel of Takeovers and Mergers.
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Can I assist any further? Kind regards AJ