How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I wanted to know what happens to the family home which

Customer Question

Hi, I wanted to know what happens to the family home which I am living in with my 5 yrs old son and my ex left 2 yrs ago. he has recently stoped paying the mtg....we were in the middle of mediation to negotiate financial split but he has been hiding many things and whilst trying to get all info he lost his job and has stopped out of work

He has assets abroad which he is not declaring and have provided false doc to say he has sold them to cover debt

I have matrimonial injunction in place will that protect it from him taking out any debt against it or sell it...divorce has taken place

What will b my position/option with the lender? If I can raise finance through family members will bank allow me take over

House is in his sole name how can I transfer the house in my name or can this b done?

Hope I've included all required info, look forward to ur reply

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law