How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am after some advice 5 years ago I had a company Logo

Customer Question

hello, I am after some advice 5 years ago I had a company Logo designed and put together from a design / print company, few weeks ago I received an email from the Ambulance service stating my logo is in breach of its use due to the crown being unlawful to use now saying I have to change the crown on my logo, I have approached the company asking them to help me design a new logo but now they cant be bothered to help me so what action can I take against them? I will have to now pay for all new uniforms, stationery and full branding of my company again at a substantial cost to me. I went to a proper design service company to ensure I had the best logo and branding now to find they didn't do their research into the legal use of the logo.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
want I want to try and achieve is to make the company design me a new logo I have just spent close to £750 to try and have a new design made but not to my liking I want to know if I can make them do this? at a cost to them and not me
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is the cost to you please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, I don't know the exact costings involved but basically it's everything for the whole company with my LOGO on.I would say £6,000 plusI need to replace all my uniforms, advertising books and folders, vehicle logos, website costs to change logo,hope this helps
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.