How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can grandchild claim sqauters rights when my mother is deceased.

This answer was rated:

can grandchild claim sqauters rights when my mother is deceased. my husband and i bought the house 20 years ago and under the terms of the purchase from the local council my mother has lived in the home rent free
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
No your niece will not acquire any rights or interest in the property unless she pays for major structural improvements or alterations.
You will need to give her "reasonable written notice to leave" - at least 28 days, and you shoudl not charge her rent at all
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you