How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We are a limited company that run a web site selling cleaning

This answer was rated:

Hi We are a limited company that run a web site selling cleaning products.We use paypal for all online payments.Recently an order was placed via the website and paypal accepted the payment details,shipping and billing address.We do not see any of the card payment details or card numbers Etc as this is verified by Paypal.
The card used was fraudulent however we had already shipped the goods and a chargeback case was raised. We supplied the proof of delivery details to paypal as requested and invoice.
Paypal have now informed that the the order has worked in the buyers favour and we have been deducted the order amount (£1200.00) .So this has been a complete loss for my company.
If paypal accepted the order and card details I don't see why we are responsible .
Please advise,
Many Thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you know the name and address of the person you sold it to, I assume so?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We don't know them personally as we ship all over the uk,But yes all the details of shipping and billing and e -mail address must be supplied when a customer places an order

Ok. It may be an issue you need to sue PayPal for but sadly they are based in Switzerland. If the goods were signed for I would sue the place you send them.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.