How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mother owns a property. It is split into 5 flats.Her brother

Customer Question

My mother owns a property. It is split into 5 flats.
Her brother in law was managing the property until a few months ago. There has been a disagreement, he still collects rent but keeps it.
There is still a tenant living in one flat together with his two family members. They claim benefits for one flat each and therefore must have 3 short hold tenancies. They are unco-operative. Do not show any copy of their agreement and are still paying the wrong person.
How would one serve a section 21 without their details or evict them as the whole house does need repair.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hi, have you tried to gt a copy of the agreement from the council?