How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good afternoon, could you please help with the following issue: we

Customer Question

Good afternoon, could you please help with the following issue:
we have our boat in a boat centre to get it repaired and painted.
As the owner of the centre prohibited us to bring our engineer to the centre, we had to use the service of the engineer the are contracted with. This person was not able help us in a definite period of time and due to improper (delayed, unprofessional) communication our boat has not been repaired yet. The the owner of the boat centre requires us to pay 100GBP /week the place.
I wonder what kind of rights we have in this case: according to our understanding it should have been his responsibility to communicate with his engineer which he failed to do, the job has been delayed and not completed yet. Should he had allowed us to bring our own engineer (first class one in the UK), the repair could have been finished by now.
Could you please advise or refer to any regulation regarding this issue please?
Many thanks,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Sorry if I am missing the point but I am not really sure what has happened here?