How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My bank has blocked my account due to a fraud investigation,

Customer Question

Hello my bank has blocked my account due to a fraud investigation, they will not tell me anything about what is going on, they have left me with no access to any money in my bank, i have no other ways to get money and am now struggling because of this, should i have the right to access my own money, i have never comitted any fraud and know exactly what goes in and out of my account, this has been going on for 6 days now and after many calls and visits to my branch i still have no idea. Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you been in to the branch please? Has there been any unusual activity?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes i have been to the branch many times and no there has not been an unusual activity, they just blocked my account without even telling me.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You need to write a formal complaint and ask that it is investigated asap. If that does not do anything you can go to the Financial Ombudsman. They are free, independent and can examine your complaint for free. Their website is:
But in the meantime I would open another account.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do i have rights to withdraw my money while it is blocked, i have no money to live on?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Sadly no, their terms allow them to suspend the account, but you could get a court order to allow to withdraw some.
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.