How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71048
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been informed that I may be a victim of the mobilephone

This answer was rated:

I have been informed that I may be a victim of the mobilephone hacking event of the 5th August and have been told to inform actionfraud Is this the correct site
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What is the evidence please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I received an e=mail from TalkTalk to inform me that my personal details may have been compromised in the recent cyber attack on Carphone Warehouse and I was advised to inform the police fraud squad. This is the web site I thought I was entering.
And your question is whether you need to do anything except report it to action fraud?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I presume at this stage that you have suffered no loss?
It is just that you have received this report which is concerning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is correct
If that is correct then that is all you need to do.
Effectively you are reporting a risk to both protect yourself from subsequent allegations and from any claims.
You are not yet, thankfully, reporting an actual crime in which you have suffered loss or I would suggest you went to a police station and made an allegation in the normal way.
As long as you make a report online and keep the reference if you become a victim of identity theft later on then there shouldn't be any difficulty with establishing that you were not responsible for the objectionable act.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you