How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10774
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have given the notice of severance of joint tenancy to my

This answer was rated:

I have given the notice of severance of joint tenancy to my daughter, but need to know if I have to send a copy of this to th Land Registry or a solicitor for recognition of the change. Also does it mean that even if she does not sign itm the change in
status is now in place. Thanks for your help. Kind regards. Audrey
Thanks for your enquiry.
You will need to register the severance at the Land Registry. There is a set form for you to complete, being Form SEV. Here is the link for the Form.
(Sorry- you may have to copy and paste the above link).
You may want a local Solicitor to assist you in completing and submitting the Form.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much, that is helpful. Kind regards.