How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

L have mental health issues. I live in a flat, converted

This answer was rated:

Hello, l have mental health issues. I live in a flat, converted listed building. It is very dark bit the main issues are noise, from a 24 superstore delivery bay, the traffic noise etc; from large roundabout and A12 motorway entrance and exit. Also the underground tube runs under the entire flat. I have been put on transfer list in the lowest band. I wanted a noise box. My hearing has been affected.
This is a outline of situation
What would advice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it worth me employing a solicitor. I am on disability payment, what would be the cost and do you know where l would find one ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Alex,
Confirm health taken in to account. To be placed in a higher priority band or top priority, because property is not suitable:
No insulation, stud walls, single glaze windows, noise etc. (See first question).
Can l get legal aid ?
Was the road and building superstore always there, ie before you moved in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi l think my building was converted at the same time a store, about 15 years ago. I believe the delivery bay was originally located at the front of my building. Yes it was there when l moved in.
Ok. What did you move in if you knew there was the road and the superstore?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you call me or l can call you ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Criminal activity in neighbours property.
Yes I will call you shortly.
To clarify you complain to environmental Heath. If they don't do anything about the box then complain to the chief officer of the council about the box. Then if that doesn't work the local government ombudsman