How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I own some industrial land part of which was bordered by a

This answer was rated:

I own some industrial land part of which was bordered by a ditch and hedge outside of my security fence and which I very rarely visited. Sometime in the late 90`s I did have a look at my boundary and the hedge and ditch had been levelled and the owner of the adjacent property was storing goods on it. When I pointed out that this was my property his response was that he had assumed that the security fence was my boundary. As we were and still are good neighbours and as I had no use for that piece of ground I let him continue to use it. Unfortunately no agreement or written permission was drawn up. I now want to legalise the situation but am not getting any cooperation from my neighbour.
Has he a case for adverse posession or is he officially trespassing ?
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I`m OK to wait for advice to help me decide if I need to consult a Solicitor


We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No, there is no such case for adverse possession. They need to occupy the land for 10 years, excluding all others and make an application to the Land Registry for possession. The LR will write to the owner and invite them to object. If the owner does the application fails.
What you want is to give a licence to occupy, this allows a limited right to remain on the loan but can be terminated. So go and see a Solicitor and get a licence drawn up, this makes sure the position is legal,
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: