How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Can you help i am a business owner i buy doors of a manufacturer

This answer was rated:

hi can you help i am a business owner i buy doors of a manufacturer that gave me a 5K credit limit per calinder mouth they sent me more then 20K off doors i payed that all off and now they said as im late i have to go proformer iv payed for 2 doors in full but they still wont send them till i pay more which i dont know where this money is owed to it totals 7641.22 pleas help
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
So they are asking you to pay in advance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes they sent thow a statment saying 2,966.21 outstanding and now they wont 7641.22 and £360 for deliver to us which is normarly free on monday they confemed by phone on the 30th last mouth that it wood be here today

Do you deny there are funds outstanding?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Ok. That is a problem then I'm afraid.
Obviously you are perfectly entitled to dispute that there are outstanding funds.
However, they cannot be force to supply to you or to accept payment in arrears. Any contractor can demand payment in advance. Unless your contract clearly sets down that payment mut be in arrears and that there cannot be variation from that then you don't have a basis to force them.
There are really only three ways to avoid this. The first is to persuade them. That may not be possible. The second is to pay them the disputed funds and then sue for the money. The third is to find another supplier.
I'm really sorry but they just cannot be forced to supply without payments in advance if that is their demand.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you