How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My " boyfriend" owes me 85.5k which was written as a loan agreement fail

Customer Question

My " boyfriend" owes me 85.5k which was written as a loan agreement for his failing business he reneged on the loan and said that instead he would grant me a charge in his property for the land registry ( though his mortgage company still have to send a letter confirming that they agree to this) but he has in fairness signed form CH1. He owns a house that he has not lived in for 2 years ( he lives on a boat) the current value of the house is 650k it needs work. His mortgage is 510k interest only and he can barely afford to pay it. He wants another 30 k from me as he has not paid mooring fees and I have refused to loan it to him but he now has bailiffs coming on Weds this week to recover the 30k that he owes. He knows that he does not have 30k worth of possessions in the house and he is telling me that unless I pay him 30k that they will put yet another charge on the property or indeed force him to sell it. He wants me to sign an " exchange" contract with a long completion date.....
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.

Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Has he given you evidence that his other creditors have applied for a charging order over his property? Kind regards AJ