How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10974
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Im jacinta my son and another little boy were playing

This answer was rated:

Hi im jacinta my son and another little boy were playing after football practice playing a sword fight with sticks and my sons stick broke and hit the other boy in the eye he was bleeding my son was very upset.we then both went to see how the boy , dr came and looked at him and the mam said it was a accident he had to get stiches.. my husband and i are worried can they sue.i rang his house to see how he got on at the dr but couldnt get anyone so i left a message just to say hope he was ok.i thought i might have an answer by now seen as it is well over 22hours whats my next move do i call to his house or is that claiming liability.?

1. I would advise you to call to the house of the boy who was hurt. This is no way admits liability. You should at least express human concern for the child who has been hurt. With any luck, if you are sufficiently concerned and this boy makes a full recovery, there will be no legal action. Every parent lives in dread of this happening and very few parents sue. Even then it is probably covered by one or other party's house insurance. but not to express concern and care would be seen as very heartless even if the case ever went to court.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok i will do that tomorrow but it didnt happen on my property or the other childs either it happened in the trees at the football club.

2. Dear Jacinta, you will probably find the football club carries insurance cover for this type of incident. However, it would be better if this boy suffered no permanent injury.