How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1441
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Yes there was domestic violence. it was in my kitchen. but

This answer was rated:

yes there was domestic violence. it was in my kitchen. but the man didnt live at our house. it was my daughters boyfriend..would that still be classed as domestic abuse.
Thank you for your further question.
In you want to get Legal Aid for a divorce then you will need to prove that your husband has been abusive to you.
I note that you have previously stated that your husband was mentally abusive towards you.
I suggest that you take the template to your GP (in link below)- explain the difficulties that you have had with your husband and ask him to refer you to a domestic violence service. If your GP completes this then this will be your domestic violence evidence for 2 years.
You will need to take it to a legal aid solicitor - who will assess your financial eligibility for legal aid.
If you qualify then they will be able to help you with matters such as divorce, finances and even the possibility of an occupation order that you detailed in another post.
All the best
Positive ratings gratefully received. I am new to this service and would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you