How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71057
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

How do you find put whether someone has a criminal convict

This answer was rated:

how do you find put whether someone has a criminal conviction
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe one of my ex employees to have had a criminal conviction
On what basis were you hoping to get access to it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo
This is seeming quite difficult
I would just like to know what the conviction relates to and whether it is a public record
I am not sure what you are asking me. I will obviously have no way of knowing what his convictions are ? I can't tell if you are asking me to check or want information upon whether you can check yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's really quite simple
I believe that someone has a criminal conviction
Is there a way to check
At least, the police can check. They will conduct checks for courts. Nobody else can get access.
You can demand permission from a person you are about to employ to conduct a DBS check. If they refuse permission it cannot be done.
You can seek your own criminal history by making a SAR request to the police and therefore anybody can do it to show you but that relies on their consent.
Unless he agrees you cannot get access to his history as he cannot get access to yours.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you