How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My daughter paid a £500 pound deposit on a new buy off plan

This answer was rated:

My daughter paid a £500 pound deposit on a new buy off plan town house in High Wycombe, when the contracts came through to sighn the two private parking spaces that were supposed to be beside the house had gone and the road was now going to be private so she would have to pay a yearly fee,when she said that she was backing out of the purchase because of these changes she was told she would not get her deposit back, I spoke to her solicitor who said the builder was just not giving the deposit back, I said this was breach of contract, I have since found out that this solicitor also seems to work in some form for the builder, where do we stand , and do you think it is worth hiring a solicitor to go after this £ 500 .
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you