How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10776
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

We live in a mid terraced town house where parking is shared

This answer was rated:

we live in a mid terraced town house where parking is shared but designited at the back. The Gardens are samll. In JUne our dog attacked and injured next doors dog. we descided that we needed to take action asn had our dog destroyed. We also paid £700 for vet bills for the treatmet of the neighbours dog
Muy daughter is devastated as the owne was very cruel to her duting the incident. My daughter now ignores the neighbour. I dont engage either partly because of embarrasment and partly due to the fact i really ont like them.
The dog now runs ino the garden barking (its a chauwawa) every time we park our cars. The nieghbours have begun verbally being passive agressive towards us for ignoring their dog. Saying things such as "ignore them they are just missurable ignorant gits" This happend everytime we come in
Yesterday the chap that lives ther asked us not to igore the go as it make it bark waking the baby and that we have to respect their needs and wishes. They also said that I needed to make my daughter not ignore them. She is 17.
These neighbuurs scream and shout at each other at all hours and wehave not said anythin in orsder to keep the peice. We have sold our house because of this but. I am very stressed and am recovering from caner, theu know this but are very self centred
We need advice
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Could you please confirm exactly what advice you need? Are you wanting to know if you have to disclose your neighbour difficulties to your Buyer?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to know if i have to disclose this to our buyer.
Also the stress of this is huge and I am unclear if I have recourse that can en the behaviours
Thanks for your reply.
I am afraid you will need to disclose the fact to your Buyers on the Property Information Form which your SOliciotr will provide you. Basically, the form asks if you have had any dispute concerning the property. You won't need to go into full detail, but just explain that you have "fallen out with your neighbour, following an incident between your respective dogs".
I don't believe you have any recourse for the stress caused to you- you would have to prove that they have acted in a proactive way, amounting to harassment. Harassment is a criminal offence, and you would therefore have to show that your neighbours have been prosecuted by the Police as a result of their behaviour to you.
I know it's hard, but you are best to look to the future, and just be glad that you will hopefully not have to endure your neighbours for too much longer.
I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.
If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thansk you for your help this was really useful