How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'm selling a property that I own to my daughter, I have a

This answer was rated:

I'm selling a property that I own to my daughter, I have a tenant in the property on an assured Shorthold tenancy, can I assign the tenancy over to my daughter or does this deed of assignment need to be done via a solicitor
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If the tenant is satisfied and consents then you can just assign the tenancy over, noting a change in Landlord.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do we need the tenant to sign anything or can we just write him a letter and then the deed of assignment is between myself and my daughter, also if she wanted to give him notice after six months, would she just serve him notice as normal even though she isn't stated as landlord on the original tenancy
No just a letter saying he is happy. She can serve notice if it has been assigned
Does that help?