How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am the employer of a fillipino lady who came here on a

This answer was rated:

I am the employer of a fillipino lady who came here on a general students visa which expired in 2013. She then married an EU citizen (of Poland) I have the necessary documents on file. I understand as the spouse of an EU citizen she is entitled to work in the UK - Is this correct ? Thanks Michal XXXXXXX

What does her spouse do in the UK and how long has the spouse lived in the UK for? Her status depends on this information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That I do not know but he is a Pole and he works as a carpenter. Her solicitor said it was perfectly legal under European law as people from outside the eu, who marry non brit eu citizens are entitled to work from day one in the uk - but if they married a brit they have to wait 2 years ?

As long as her husband is working as a carpenter or whatever, his wife (your employee) is entitled to reside and work in the UK lawfully.

So, the answer to your question is yes.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you