How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1440
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have applied absolute over 4 months ago. I was

This answer was rated:

I have applied for decree absolute over 4 months ago. I was told by my solicitor that there is a backlog at court and a response could take up to 6 weeks. The courts then requested more info from my ex in regards ***** ***** home. This has since been supplied but i am still waiting for absolute. Ive tried to find more answers from my solicitor but have heard nothing for over two weeks now. What can i do to speed things up....this divorce has been dragging on for over 6 yrs and counting

Thank you for your question.
Do you submit a consent order in relation to the matrimonial finances with your application for Decree Absolute?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the consent order was sent in March 2015. It was problems with the ex mortgage details which has delayed things. I've given up any claim to the family home anyway....why does the courts need this clarified? If there's no claim on either parties finances, why can't the courts just make a decision? The children are above dependant age. The whole situation has left me puzzled....

Thank you for your response.
The court will sometimes make enquiries if they take a view that something appears unfair from the Statement of a Information Form submitted with the consent order but this does seem particularly delayed.
Perhaps call the court and see if they can update you directly.
Kind Regards
Please rate positively - happy to discuss further
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you