How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been working with a builder years as a bookkeeper

Customer Question

I have been working with a builder for 42 years as a bookkeeper two years ago my boss who is also my father. stopped paying me he could not afford to pay me. I continued to send his constuction returns that was all I was able to get from him he said he attended to the v a t etc. he in a way was paying me he was paying my car he has taken a stroke which may explain his moods.I was wondering after 40 years paying tax&NI if Iam due a redundancy. The buisness will fold.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. So were you en employee or self employed?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long has she worked there for?