How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have recently had to leave my marital home due to

Customer Question

Hi, I have recently had to leave my marital home due to domestic abuse. The house was only bought in February this year, it is in my husbands name only as it was bought with money he had from his last property. We have been together for four years and married for two. I understand I am not entitled to anything financially from the house. However, do I have the right to enter the house as my personal property is still inside. And what if he has changed the locks?
Also we had a joint savings account in both our married names, I took exactly half of our savings, was I entitled to do so??
We live in Scotland for your information.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought I may have an answer by now, as its been nearly 12hrs and I paid £38!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you just cancel and refund please.
Thank you