How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now


Customer Question

hi" just to let you know the reply i had from d,w,p. was that they did not need a court order to deduct monies from my wages. as was the advice i had in your reply to one of my questions...the d,w,p.told me that the welfare reform act came into force on- 8-4-2013. which allows them to ask an employer to deduct monies from my wages,  the problem i have with this is that this so called debt they claim i owe goes back 20,years before this law came into force...

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law