How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1384
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I wish to serve a sealed claim form on a defendant. I sent

This answer was rated:

I wish to serve a sealed claim form on a defendant. I sent the sealed form to the defendant but have now realised (even though sent by special delivery) it will be served (under the rules if not practically) one day late. I do not want to go through an application for late service and so wondered if I could drive to the court, ask for another official sealed copy, and then take them and personally serve on the defendant. I have noted that the court does not like for copies to be served. Will the High Ct be able to provide another sealed copy (which would be stamped with the previous date) ?
Thank you for your question.
If you explain your circumstances to the court office and ask nicely - then there should be no problems with providing you with another copy. The date of issue will be the same. They might have to make a copy so they can retain if for their files and thus might ask you for a few pounds for photocopying fees.
Check what time the court office is open as sometimes the counters shut early and they only work on the telephone on the afternoon.
Remember to personally serve on the registered address and complete your statement of service form and send it back to the court.
Kind Regards
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer.
I would be grateful for positive feedback