How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Sorry to bother you I have a historical question that

Customer Question

Sorry to bother you I have a historical question that I know the answer on today but would like to know it historically?
In 1982, would it have been illegal to move out of the Country take up residence in a European Country and leave your 17 year old child to fend for themselves albeit in the family home with all bills paid for but still responsible for their own care, life management and feeding and clothing themselves through the salary? And out of interest, would child benefit still have been paid to the Mother despite the child being in full-time employment albeit a minimal salary of £40.00 per week.
Sorry rather strange question but still relevant to something that I am dealing with currently and yes, I was that child.
Thank you so much, your answer is most appreciated and will assist me understanding the legal situation as I have long come to terms with the emotional fall-out from this action.
Kindest regards,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Absolutely, that you Nicola for your kind intervention. I require my answer to be valid under UK law and truthfully, whilst I appreciate the difficulties that you are experiencing, I cannot fail to be aware that this "answer" has fallen into your "free" category as I have paid and signed up for my previous medical question and tipped significantly at the highest tipping point for the excellent answer which I received with a further catch-up e-mail from the Doctor.

One cannot offer a service with attached "free" opportunities and then not provide these opportunities, I note your point with regard to sufficient time, however, I conclude that five days is sufficient time, therefore, if your service fails to deliver within that time, I will consider you to be in breach of your Terms and Conditions and will take appropriate action without reference to you or your Company.

I look forward to receiving my "free" answer within the time period, I have specified, which I consider to be both fair and appropriate, please revert to me if you consider it not.

I would also respectfully ***** ***** you revert this e-mail to your CEO & Legal Team, who represent your brand, as an Editor of an on-line digital magazine, I consider the service in response to my question, poor, your management of my complaint, good, but the two do not tally, therefore, senior intervention is required in order for your Company to commit to your service obligations.

If I continue to receive what I consider to be poor service to gain the answer to my question, as I have laid out, I will consider your Company to be in breach of its' Terms & Conditions, I will revert to your Regulator and I will cover this issue using the e-mails which I have sent to you and you to me, providing the facts for view by the readers of my digital paper/magazine. Please note that it is an internationally digested magazine which is read across the globe and sits in the finance space, but my piece on the service which I have received, will sit in my "Lifestyle" section.

If you require further clarity on the points which I raise, please do not hesitate to contact me but I would re-iterate, you have five days from the date of my request before I take further action without reference to you.

Kind regards,

Clare Clark

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I note you provide me with your dial-in information, as the service I have received in answering my question, or indeed the fact, not, and has been delivered below the standard of service is below which I was lead to believe your Company would give from the details disclosed on your on-line page, I will not be investing any further money of my own in assisting you dealing with your service issue which I have drawn to your attention and which fails to be actioned appropriately.

However, as I remain collaborative in trying to resolve my expectation against your failed service delivery, my contact details are + 44 1525 632720.

Please feel free to use either medium, phone or e-mail for either your CEO, Senior Complaints Manager or a member of your Legal Team to contact me.

Please note for full disclosure, all communications under any medium will be monitored and will be used for future reference should, very unfortunately, due to your Company's continued service delivery failure there be a requirement.

I think I have been both fair and collaborative in trying to resolve your service failure issue. However, if you have any further requirement from me, then this is your opportunity as the Representative of your Company to outline it within the next twenty-four hours, respectfully ***** ***** acknowledging, the different time zones that we are both sitting in.

This opportunity will remain in place for a twenty-four hour period, if you do not use this opportunity, there will be an automatic assumption on my part that this is not requirement from your side of this unrectified complaint.

Please note that there will not be an extension of my specified five day service delivery criteria, if you fail to take up my kind, and if I may say so, under the circumstances of your Company's failed service delivery, generous offer.

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday or "hump day" as we like to call it in the UK!

I very much hope that this service issue which I have been subject to by your Company will be resolved within my five day criteria.

With kind regards,

Clare Clark

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Unfortunately JustAnswer cannot guarantee an answer. It may be that we do not, for example, have any Experts who know the answer to particular specialist questions.
We offer a refund if you are not satisfied.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Such actions would not amount to child neglect now and certainly would not have done so in 1982.
Child Benefit would not have been paid if the child was no longer in education
Please ask if you need further details