How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How do i evict my dad from my house i let him live with me

This answer was rated:

how do i evict my dad from my house i let him live with me rent free for 15 years
he has to use oxgen most of the time and keeps leaving it turned on when not in the room i keep teling him that is a fire rise he just does not care he up sets me an my mother who lives with me to he sits their growling most of the days it driving us mad does not respect my house at tall all ways in a bad mood mum wants him to leave to he stress her out so much all he cares about is him self as he does not pay rent not sure how to get him out wrote him a letter to ask him to leave gave him six weeks he just throw it a way
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
I assume he has no financial interest in your house or named on deeds or anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I own the house he has no interest in it

Ok. You have written giving 6 weeks which is fine. You have 2 options from here:
1) You can just change the locks and not let him in. If he tries to break in you can call the Police
2) You can get a Court order. This means going to Court and seeking an order to evict him and stop him from coming back. Clearly there is a cost here but you can ask the Court for costs, it is £280 to issue the claim.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you