How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

At a developers open day today I went through some paper work

This answer was rated:

At a developers open day today I went through some paper work with them as their release date for some off plan property is on 5 September when I am in Spain. I did some pre paper work with the so that I would be in a position to put a deposit through once the preoperties are released should I want to. I didnt date or provide a security no authorisation for my card so it would not be valid unless I gave it to them, nor did I specify which building I wanted to reserve as I would need to do this over the phone on the day to be sure I wanted it. However I did sign the form (no date and no specificaltion of which building and have a witness to say it was only done should I want to but when out in Spain when they are released.
Without a date and security authorisation / clarity of which building I was depositing on can they hold me to the reservation (it's a 2000 pound fee)
I signed a piece of paper with a deposit authorisation as a pre form (as I will be on holiday the date that houses are released and won't be here to sign it on the day it is released)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a copy of the signed document if you want it but cannot seem to attach it
Hello Susan,
What you have signed appears to be a Reservation Form and you have given your debit card details on this form.
It would indicate that you have reserved the property and agreed to pay the reservation fee by completing the form, giving your debit card details and signing it.
I would suggest that you get in touch with the developer and ask them to send you back your signed form if that is what you wish and that you do not wish to reserve any property until they open in September.
The other option is to inform your bank and block your debit card so that no money is debited from your account .
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you