How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

In 1994 my parents signed over their property to me , then

This answer was rated:

In 1994 my parents signed over their property to me , then I leased it back to them I think it was called a peppercorn charge, since then I lost my mum last year , and have reacently sold my mums house but because there is a lease on the land registry the buyers have said they can't buy it till it is lifted.....I can't find the document . The solicitor who arranged it I 1994 has died, would my current solicitor who did my mums will,probate be able to help me or I will lose the sale of the hose.
Thank you for your question.
A few options for you:
1) The Land Registry might have a copy - as your lease was pre 2003 - it should have been registered if it was for 21 years or more. Worth a try - although if they did have the document it would be readily available to the buyers solicitors through the land registry's online portal, so I suspect it isn't there. But you can try:
2) There would have been the original lease signed by you and a copy. You would have had one - your parents the other. Ask your mum if she could check her papers.
3) You could contact the Law Society to see if they know what happened to your original solicitors practice and deeds following their death.
If solicitors copy can't be found and you can't find another copy of your title deeds at home, then they will have to be “reconstituted”, which may have to be done by a new solicitor. Please see this guidance:
Kind Regards
I would kindly be grateful if you could rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received. Please note that we receive no credit for our work unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I would be grateful for positive feedback