How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1382
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

As part of my divorce proceeding the judge asked record to

Customer Question

as part of my divorce proceeding the judge asked for police record to be obtained, due to domestic violence suffered. The police record received does not include the detailed statements taken at the time of incident. how can i get a full record.can I get it under the freedom of information act? This is importsnt for the trial
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
The 'standard package' of police disclosure often doesn't include statements. The package tends to include:
PNC (convictions & antecedents)
Domestic Violence Report Child or Public Protection Report
Police attendance at address or call made by parties (incident logging) Summary of evidence
Statements are normally charged separately. You need to get back in touch with your local police family disclosure unit. They may ask you to complete another request form.
Kind Regards
Please rate positively.