How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am British Citizen dual passport Australia and British.

Customer Question

I am British Citizen dual passport Australia and British. I recently married a Bhutanese woman in Australia, I would like to get her a British passport.
Is this possible
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
She would first need to reside with you in the UK for 5 years on a spouse visa, obtain indefinite leave to remain and then she may apply for British Citizenship.
See here for the process for applying for a spouse visa
So yes, it is possible.