How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32326
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a council Tennant and was advised by my Landlord North

Customer Question

I am a council Tennant and was advised by my Landlord North Kesteven District Council that I have to move Properties as where I live at the moment, it is unsafe and the Property is condemned to live in.
I was offered a flat not far from where I live. However this property is much smaller and has no garden, yet the rent is much higher. I was advised that there is no alternative.
My argument is that I don't think that I should pay the difference in rent. I would have to find another £50 per month.
Could you advise how I stand? Please email***@******.***
Many thanks
***** *****e
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you been given a notice to quit, based on the property condition?