How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am thinking of starting an ebay business where I make

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am thinking of starting an ebay business where I make the product and sell it for a profit but I am unsure about the legalities involved in selling online. I know I have to register as a business etc but I am more concerned about making sure I am doing everything legally and do i need to get some kind of protection.
Thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will help you.
You need to register with HMRC and get business insurance. Those are the key things. Then you would also need to be aware if people order online they have 14 days to change their mind from when they get the goods.
Apart from that, those are the main things, register with HMRC and get insurance.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello thats great thanks do i just get home business insurance or do i need public liability insurance as well.


Public liability is only when people are injured at your place of work, so unless you have people visiting just home business insurance.
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.