How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Mrs maureen souders has been a tenacey holder with london and

Customer Question

mrs maureen souders has been a tenacey holder with london and quadrant for approx 30 years she is a joint holder with mr alan souders .mr souders left in 1991 and went back to he is american. she has had no contact and has no way to find where he is.she would like to keep the present tenancy agreement in her name.on the form that was sent by L and Q it states mr souders has to sign to say he doesn't want the tenancy any more .This is impossible as explained due to his disappearance.this has also stopped her getting a divorce as well which is another issue she will have to follow up.Please is there any way around this problem and she would thank you very much for your expertise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Assuming they were married then Quadrant can simply amend the tenancy. She has been living there for 30 years and it was joint with his Mr Souders. As such it can be amended to reflected it is in her sole name.
She should write and ask that this is done. If this is refused or they ignore the request then she should complain to the Ombudsman. They can consider the complaint and are impartial and can examine the complaint for free at:
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: