How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1439
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

What is the legal maximum percentage raise in rent

This answer was rated:

Hi what is the legal maximum percentage raise in rent for one year that a park owner can charge a static caravan owner for the pitch on which the caravan stands?
Welcome to Just Answer
Thank you for your question.
There is no set maximum increase.
If you have a written contract you should consult that to see if includes details about increases in pitch fees.
Generally - pitch fees can be increased every year and you should be given 28 days written notice.
You can (and should request) in writing why your pitch fee has been increased. Keep a copy of your letter and any response you receive.
If you can't agree with the land owner on what any increase should be - you can apply to a First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber - Residential Property) to decide if the pitch fee increase is fair.
The tribunal is independent of government and will listen to both sides of the argument before making a decision.
You should consider contacting the Leasehold Advisory Service. They are a Non Departmental Public Body (NDPB) funded by Government to provide free legal advice to leaseholders, landlords, professional advisers, managers and others on the law affecting residential leasehold in England and Wales. You can can call and speak to one of their advisers. The telephone number is(###) ###-####2500 and their lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:30-15:00. They can advise you in relation to alternative dispute resolution methods and the tribunal process, if necessary.
Kind Regards
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received. Please note that we receive no credit for our work unless positive feedback is received.
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you