How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10733
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My friend who has a husband with Demencer wishes to get power

This answer was rated:

My friend who has a husband with Demencer wishes to get power of attorney but has been quoted over £400 to do this and of course those kind of fees she hasn't got could you advise as to how she can get her request but at a more reasonable rate. thank you

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Your friend will need to apply to the Court of Protection to become her husband's Deputy, if he has dementia and lacks full mental capacity.

To be honest, we Solicitors would normally charge more than £400 to deal with an application to the Court of Protection for someone to become a Deputy. Indeed the Court allow us to charge a client up to £850 plus VAT for such an application.

Therefore, unless your friend is happy to make the application without using a Solicitor, I think the quote of £400 is very reasonable.

If she is happy to do it herself, here is the link to the Court of Protection's website, which sets out all the indformation she will need to make the application.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

If so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you