How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Appeal against a Magistrates court conviction

This answer was rated:

Dear Madam or Sir I have been convicted of a crime which I did not commit -damage to a farmers vehicle in his field adjoining my grounds. The Magistrates were very unsympathetic that I did not repeat the local lamping laws(farmers have been shooting in very close vicinity of my house and I confronted them, they got a friend my neighbour to say yes they saw me hit a vehicle). I am looking for a barrister with public access for the appeal. I was represented by a barrister today .Could you pl suggest where I can find one. We live in Norfolk which is rural norfolk.

Can I ask for the hearing in appeal court/?crown court to be in London or Manchester or somewhere outside the area as everyone appears to know everyone in this area,

Thank you for your question.
Direct Access Barristers are readily available now.
You can try:
Once you have completed your Appeal Forms - you have to send these to the Magistrates Court where the original trial took place. You will then be notified by letter when and where your appeal hearing will take place. You don't have any choice as to the allocation - it will normally go to your nearest crown court.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

You are welcome. I would be grateful if you could kindly leave positive feedback. Thank you
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you