How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Jo, can you advise on a problem we have regarding renting

This answer was rated:

Hi Jo, can you advise on a problem we have regarding renting a caravan pitch for a season and then having sold my caravan and in between buying another the site owners have re-let our pitch without notifying us first and refusing to give a refund for the rest of the season. Cheers Alan
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, we want to achieve a refund of the remaining site fees till the end of the season which is around the £500 mark. The site owner has already put another caravan on our pitch therefore we are unable to remove it or return to the pitch.Please note that our caravan is a touring caravan sited on a seasonal pitch and not a static caravan. We also have not been issued with any contract nor have we signed any agreement. The people that bought our old caravan took the van off site to go down south on holiday and were told by the site owners they cannot go back on the same pitch we have paid for but could go on another pitch for £500 which is of a lesser standard. I am aware that the caravan owners who have got on our pitch have also been charged £500 for the rest of the season even though it was paid up till the end of season which is the end of October 2015.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.