How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My name is***** rent a commercial property and

This answer was rated:

My name is***** rent a commercial property and in my agreement mentioned A1. When I contact with the planing I find out that the property actually is sui generies. I try to spoke with the landlord but unsuccessful. I would like to know what I can do in this situation?
Thank you in advance
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex, actually I want to know, what is my rights? What I can do about because I've been invest a lot of money for me and now at the end I can't trade and I can't pay the rent so I have to leave all the work I've been done for the landlord benefit. I am not happy with that at the end to find that the use is different then that on my rent agreement and I do not like the way he run about the lease. I am not secure at all. I do not know which use I need at the end as we are going to be a beauty salon with slimming treatment, but we do not fall in spacial treatment license and we do not fall anywhere else. The premises is sui generis at the moment.

Indeed. Do you want to leave? Do you want the money back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What, I want is to work! Because I give a lot of my self for that. But if is impossible I will like the money back.

Are you being stopped work by the council?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. By the planing because we need to make an application again. The problem is that no one can tell you the 1st one they advise us is a bit wrong. Now they want other but I can not play right wrong game because I need to pay rent at that time and this is not possible for me. Pre application+application will take 4 month is they are on time with them timetable but usually they are not. At they end there is not any secure that they will allow us to work.

Ok, but what is it you want to claim off the Landlord?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thing is illegal to rent to me a premises A1 which is not A1. Also that premises was with big EDF debit which still we can not solve it. Fraud, luring...I want to claim the money I invested inthe property EDF Re-connection fee, Planning fee....

So how much do you want to claim?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How much I have been invested. I don't want extra. This is around 15 000.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.