How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a professional stage hypnotist with 35 years experience.

This answer was rated:

I am a professional stage hypnotist with 35 years experience. I am due to due a show in Barrow in Furness on October 2 2015.
Over the last few weeks I have received threatening and menacing emails from a man in Barrow in Furness called ***** ***** who is making thinly veiled threats. Apparently this man is a hypnotist, although I have never heard of him. He has a reputation for violence and I am told he was fired from a job in Marbella because of physical violence against his employer who caught him stealing.
Ideally I would like an injunction to stop him coming witching 100 yards of me and that would obviously preclude him attending the show.
I am taking these threats seriously and have kept all the emails.
Can I do anything to stop this man or his friends coming near me?
Andrew Newton.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know whether you have reported this to the Police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not yet but obviously I am considering this. However, I'm not sure how seriously the police will take it.
If there has been a course of conduct which has or may cause harassment they can warn the Police not to contact direct/indirect. If you want to stop them attending you will need an injunction.
You would need to complete forms N1:
And N16a
The Court will list it for hearing and decide whether to make an injunction. If the Court does and they attend then this could be contempt of Court. They could be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I approach the court (after filling in the forms of course) myself, that is without legal representation?
Do I have to go to do this in Barrow in Furness, where the show is to be held, or can I go to my local court?
The show is in 6 weeks - do I have enough time?
Yes you can do this without legal representation. You do it at your local Court, it may be transferred to Defendant home court for hearing.
Its a little late, but you could get an interim injunction quite quickly.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, very helpful, thank you.
There is a county court near me in Colwyn Bay - will this do or will I have to go to the Crown Court?
No, County Court. to find your local one go to:
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.