How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49858
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

10 weeks ago i was diagnosed with week later

Customer Question

10 weeks ago i was diagnosed with week later admited to hospital due to muscle spasm with extreme pain..released the next morning...signed off work by 3 gps for one month and paid excess of £100 in medication prescribed...paid in excess of £400 to chiropractor...had to take 2 weeks holiday and 2 weeks statuary sick pay to pay...!!!
now been diagnosed with lower back ruptered disc..that will need i have a case please...???
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What do you believe has gone wrong here and who are you trying to claim against and what for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ben...could i claim for mis diagnosis from numerous doctors...all this has cost me a lot of money...

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
If you have suffered a misdiagnosis then that is a form of potential clinical negligence. To succeed you would need to show that a reasonable professional in the position of those who made the misdiagnosis would have been expected, based on the information before them, to make the correct diagnosis. The fact that a misdiagnosis was initially made does not automatically mean that someone is in the wrong - this could happen and it is required of you to show that the standard shown by the specialist fell below the reasonable standard of someone in their position with their expertise.
These claims are not always easy but there are plenty of injury lawyers who would be willing to take on such claims if they believe that they are worth it. So in the first instance you should consider looking locally for a personal injury solicitor and going in to see them to discuss your case in more detail. Many would offer an initial free consultation after which they may tell you whether you have a case worth taking forward or not. You may then be able to negotiate a no win no fee agreement with them which would be the preferred way in this case. You have 3 years to bring in a claim for personal injury or 6 years if it is just a negligence claim with no injury suffered so either way you are still well in time to take your time and ensure you have a case before taking it further.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you