How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JG_Legal Your Own Question
JG_Legal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 47
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JG_Legal is online now

2 years ago my ex partner called the police and accused me

This answer was rated:

2 years ago my ex partner called the police and accused me of putting washing up liquid in her dinner! This was pure fabrication and it never happened. The police visited my house.....had a 10 min chat with me about it.......and then left. I was never arrested, cautioned or anything. I am now told that because of this I am "known to police" on the Tunbridge Wells local pc for a "domestic incident" Is it right that they can do this?
I think I can assist. When a crime is reported the police will assign it a crime reference number (CRN) and the details of it will appear in the narrative of the record. This is an internal police record and will not feature on any CRB check as it is not recorded on your Police National Computer (PNC) record. The police are entitled to store this - it is a private police record - and you should not worry about it. I hope this answers your question but if you require clarification please ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But are the police legally allowed to tell other civilians about it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But are the police allowed to furnish other civilians with that information please?

No, most certainly not. The police are not allowed to disclose personal information about you in the way you have described.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well they did........what can I do about it?

The Independent Police Complaints Commission resolve complaints about the police. They have an online form on their website which you can use to complain about a specific police force ( I hope this answers your question. JG
If I have have answered your question to your satisfaction please accept my answer. If you require further clarification please do not hesitate to contact me.
JG_Legal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you